The school originally opened as an elementary school in 1907. The photo opposite is our earliest record of a class taken in about 1912. The school building was used as a hospital during the First World War for soldiers wounded in action. Additional buildings were added in the 1950s when it became a secondary modern girls' school, St Helier Girls.
Rouge Bouillon was so named in 1982 when it became a States of Jersey Primary School. In April 1991 the Victorian style building which housed the majority of the school was destroyed by fire.
The re-furbished and re-modelled school was completed and officially opened in March 1996.
The school currently has over 400 pupils from four to eleven years of age. This includes a thirty place Nursery offering part and extended day places, two Reception, year 1 and year 2 classes, three year 3 classes and two further classes in year groups 4, 5 and 6.
The school's catchment area covers most of St Helier inside the Rouge Bouillon ring road extending to Pier Road in the east and Cheapside and Gloucester Street in the west.